The Living Center (nursing home) here does a little activity on halloween. They had a few games for the kids to play and win prizes and then they had all the residents lined up in their wheel chairs handing out candy.
There is no other way to put it than it was just soo cute. Yet is was a very tearful experience for me. All I could think of while we were there was my cute little Grandma Veda. Unfortunately she spent the rest of her time here on earth in a living center like this one. But she loved Halloween, and she would have loved that activity. I remember growing up, all the way through high school she just had to see our costumes and see us dressed up and would usually give us a full size candy bar.
One little lady kept telling tyler she had a secret for him and then would kiss him. And then Izzy felt jealous ran right up to the lady giving her a hug and wanted her kisses. This too reminded me of my Grandma because she was always kissing us.
This little lady was all dressed up with face paint and all. I felt a little guilty at not being dressed up for my kids.
This lady was so funy, and she had this witch hat on and had a little stuffed witch in her lap. She smiled for me so I could take her picture, and then when I got done, she said "don't you take my picture." It was really funny.
We were very gratful to these people and their willingness to try and give the children a great halloween.
3 comments:
Make me freaking cry all night, darn you!
I love all the cute pictures of the kids. Izzy looks way too cute. They use to do that at the rest home in Sheridan and it was one of my favorite things to do on Halloween!! Glad you got stuff up and running again.
Oh Stephanie! Thank you so much for finding me! I have been wondering how you've been. Congratulations on the new practice! That is incredibly exciting! I hope it all goes well. Please keep me posted!!
Post a Comment