Monday, January 07, 2008

Our Christmas

I am way behind on christmas postings, but better late than never.

A few days before christmas, we braved the mall and took the kids to see Santa. After an hour of waiting in line, we had some very happy children. They were both so cute with him. Bella doesn't understand, but she just saw everyone else being excited, so she was.




This year was a bit different for us this year, it is the first time we have not gone home to Wyoming, it seemed kind of weird. Christmas eve night, Jared's cousin Trevor and his family came over. We played games, and all the kids had a blast. After they left the kids opened their christmas eve jammies ( a favorite tradition of mine growing up)


Christmas morning Isabella decided for some reason that she was going to get up at 5:00. I have no idea why, but she was wide awake and ready to go for the day. I had to trap her in our room so she didn't go downstairs, and so she didn't wake up Tyler. I had to convince her it was okay to eat her breakfast in our room, because that is a big no no at our house. Finally at 8:30 Tyler finally woke up and we were able to go downstairs. I was a bit nervous about what Tyler's reaction was going to be because every time we asked him was he wanted from Santa, it changed. All except for one item, a 4-wheeler just like PaPa's. I didn't want him to be disappointed, but he wasn't. Everything he saw he said "Santa new just what I wanted." It was great. Isabella didn't want to move on to her next present. After she opened one, she wanted to keep playing with it, so it took her a long time to open presents.
Then after everyone got ready, we decided we would go to a movie. So we went to Alvin and Chipmunks, which was hilarious, both the kids were laughing the entire time. It was a very funny movie, and so cute. We figured we'd be one of the only weird people in this city going to a movie on Chritmas, but the theater was packed! We had to wait in line to get tickets for 15 minutes. I have never seen so many people at a movie theater before. I think that this will be a new christmas tradition for us, we are going to go to a movie on Christmas day.
After the movie we went to my cousin Jodi's house for dinner. The kids had a ton of fun playing and we had a wonderful dinner and played games. All in all it a was a very merry Christmas. We enjoyed spending time with our little family. Then the next day it was back to work as usual. Even the christmas decorations came down.

1 comment:

Within These Walls said...

It sounds like a fun Christmas! My favorite part is seeing the joy and excitement on the kid's faces. I love the pictures of Isabella putting make-up on. She look adorable yesterday and very grown-up!