I can't figure out why my pictures are turned, so..sorry...School started, a while ago...Tyler is in the second grade, and seems to love it! I personally think that the first grade work was just too easy for him and was bored...Of course all moms think their kids are genius's...but I really think its true...Last year his spelling words were, it, the, was, is, who, what, where etc...Or they all rhymed and had the same ending...This year a whole different story, such as remarked, appreciate, children, worried, acrobat....And he is doing so well! NO calls from the teacher about talking as of yet!! So maybe he just needed a challenge..Last year is AR scores were very poor, which was very frustrating considering how long he'd been reading..Now this year he is at a 93%...again he has harder books, which seem to make more sense to him...He brought home an assigment for a science project, and he and his dad have been hard at work for a couple weeks, and he is so excited to take it to school next week.
Our baby, is no longer a baby! She started preschool this month, and is enjoying every minute! She is acting so grown up lately, makes me very sad :(. Yesterday she informed us that today they would be going on a fall walk and we were not allowed to come, only teachers...Her dad said "well I want to go on your fall walk with you" And she informed him no way! I was a little concerned for her because she just misses the cut off to be able to go to kindergarten this year...and all the kids in her primary class got to go..The kids she will go to school with are sunbeams right now. and she calls them the babies...But that first day of school when I had to leave her, broke my heart..I KNOW that if that had been kindergarten, and we would have turned around and gone home..There would have been no way I would've left my baby! And she hasn't said one word about going to preschool with the babies!
No comments:
Post a Comment