Saturday, January 09, 2010

I recently inherited a dresser that was my mom and dads, probaby from the 70's. It was really ugly, had those big tacky gold handles. But is a really nice dresser with big drawers. Izzy hasn't really ever had a dresser or at least one that was meant to be a dresser. So this week while Jared spent 28 hours in the car to go see the Fiest Bowl, I spent my time refinishing this dresser.


These are the before shots, of course you can't get the whole effect without seeing the gold handles. But I forgot to take before pics until I had them all taken off and had started sanding.







The After pics: I think it turned out perfect! I love how it looks, she has a ton of room now.

I had to show what it looks like up against her cute walls! I think it looks even better!


5 comments:

Whitney said...

That looks great Steph! I would be scared to take something like that on...

Anonymous said...

That turned out awesome....I want to paint my entertainment center black, do you want to come do it for me?

Unknown said...

I LOVE IT... now come do the one in my room, NO-- but I need to do it. I might just have to get your advice on how to make it as nice as yours!

Adam and Debbie said...

That turned out amazing! I wish I could find something that cute and redo it.

Melissa Turner said...

Wow, I'm impressed it looks great!