Friday, April 11, 2008

Fun day or Weird day!

Sometimes I feel like I don't blog enough or frequently enough, but I think its because I feel like I have to have some major event to talk about, well not today. I am just writing to say what a . . . . .weird day it was today.

This kids and I went to Lunch Bunch today, and surprisingly enough I had a blast! I got to talk with some different people that I never get to usually. And I had so much fun. Its so nice to have people to talk with and laugh with, I forget how much I miss having close friends.

Then the day got a little weird....Tyler's principal called to tell me that his Spanish teacher decided to grab his arm today and yank him to a chair. Ugh....... I don't even know what to say about that. But this is the second week in a row something majorly wrong has gone on with Tyler at school.

Then the best part (high sarcasm). Jared was on his way home from the clinic tonight and a teenager ran into the side of our car. So we are now down to one car because she hit the fender and smashed the door so it no longer opens, but she directly hit the tire and it bent/broke a bunch of stuff behind that and so now the car is no longer drivable. Another ugh...Who knows how long we'll have to deal with having one car until it gets fixed. Its going to be very chaotic for a while, because Jared has 2 jobs and is back and forth all day and I work, and with kids activities. Plus we try to drive the Toyota (the one that is now wrecked) because it gets 40 mpg, and my car only gets about 16 mpg. I don't know how we are going to pull this off. Hopefully we will be able to get a rental car out of the people's insurance.

I must have jinxed us because it was just yesterday, Jared was talking about fixing something on the Toyota, and I said we are going to be totally....up a creek if anything happens to this car because we CANNOT afford to get a new one right now.

The ironic thing is, that Jared hit his head on the window when the impact happened, and his neck hurts now....He can't fix himself!! But thankfully no one got hurt, and thankfully the kids weren't with him, and this is rude to say, but thankfully it wasn't his fault, we can't afford an insurance rate hike at the moment!

So this was a day in the life of the Shelton's. Unfortunately this is not the worst day we've had in the last 8 months. Our luck, or shall I say unluckiness usually comes in 3, so I am hoping the 2 events at Tyler's school and the wreck is our 3. I don't know how much more our little family can take!

2 comments:

Within These Walls said...

I'm so glad you had such a good time at lunch bunch. I was so bummed to miss it. It was a very long boring day. I think you should see if there is any way you can get Tyler in Ms. Campbell's class for the rest of the year. Her class doesn't go to Spanish! What a bummer about your car! If you need a ride anytime I would be happy to help you!

Tiffany said...

hey steph, thanks for your advise on my post. it really helps. we haven't made any decisions yet, but it's good to hear your perspective, because it can be really scary not knowing what the future will hold. you want to think it will all be smooth sailing once you graduate, but the reality is usually a little different. Sorry about your car! that stinks, wish i could help